Tag: Pressure washing plainsboro nj

Main Points Related to Pressure washing plainsboro nj

Pressure washing is an important way to help keep dirt, mold and algae off the walls and overall structure of your home. Mold and algae if not contained can damage your home over time. If there is black mold or algae on the shingles of your room then they can be damaged over time and reduce the cooling efficiency of your home. Over time mold can reduce the sun-reflective properties of the shingles and eventually work its way inside the shingles thus causing them to break down quicker over time. On average heavy black mold and algae on your roof can reduce the shingle life up to ten years.Pressure washing plainsboro nj

When choosing the right pressure washing company to do work on your home there a few things to consider. First of all make sure you chose a reputable company because an inexperience company can potentially do damage to your home. For example, if you have vinyl siding on your home then it’s best to only use a low pressure to clean the siding to help prevent water getting behind the siding and causing serious mold damage to your home. Some companies will use heavy pressure in order to do the job faster without any regard to the care of your home.

Inexperience companies also may use the wrong chemicals which can potentially cause discoloration to the material of your home. For example chlorine can in some cases change the actual color of stucco. Also some companies can be careless with the use of chemicals and cause damage to the plants and landscape in the surrounding area. Make sure if they are using strong chemicals that they know the plants and landscape area needs to stay unharmed.

Also make sure the company has business insurance so in case something goes wrong they will be able to afford to pay for the damages. If you are attempting to pressure wash your home on your own make sure you do research and are familiar with your equipment before attempting to do so. There is more to pressure washing than meets the eye and as previously mentioned there is more than one way to cause serious damages to your home.